By booking onto a workshop or course at Leeds Print Workshop you agree to the terms and conditions as set out below:
Short Course and Workshop Terms and Conditions
1. Leeds Print Workshop Limited (“LPW”/”we”) provides workshops and courses for adults aged 16 and over, unless otherwise explicitly stated in the course description. We reserve the right to ask for proof of age on the day and will ask anybody we believe to be under 16 to leave the course if they cannot. No refund will be issued under these circumstances.
2. All bookings shall adhere to the same terms, regardless of the channel through which they have been booked and paid.
3. All workshops and courses will take place at Patrick Studios, St Mary’s Lane, Leeds, LS9 7EH, unless otherwise advised. LPW reserves the right to change venue, but will endeavour to give appropriate notice of any change to all participants.
4. No booking will be confirmed until full payment has been taken.
5. If booking through Eventbrite, you also agree to their terms.
Cancellations, Transfers and Refunds:
6. Should you wish to cancel your booking, LPW will issue a refund, less a 10% admin fee, if you cancel no less than 14 days before the start of the course, after which no refunds will be issued. At this point we have already started making preparations for the course (for example contracting a tutor, ordering materials and equipment) and it is less likely that we will be able to fill your place.
For bookings paid through Eventbrite: Eventbrite charges a fee for booking which LPW is unable to refund unless the course is cancelled. More information on Eventbrite’s booking fees can be found here.
7. We will not provide refunds for failed attendance due to sickness or any personal circumstances outside of the control of LPW.
8. Our contract is with the person who made the booking. Any refund requests should come from the person who booked the course.
9. Refund requests should be placed through the channel the booking was made (Eventbrite, or by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org). Refunds will be issued through the channel the booking was made. Only if this is not possible will we make alternative arrangements.
10. Transfers are subject to course availability and LPW’s discretion. You may not transfer to another course less than 14 days before your original course was due to begin. Should a transfer be agreed, any difference in the prices of the courses will need to be resolved.
11. LPW reserves the right to cancel a course or workshop for any reason. Should a course or workshop be cancelled we will endeavour to give 7 days notice (where possible to the email address provided at the time of booking) and will provide a full refund, however there may be occasions (including, but not limited to, inclement weather or tutor illness) where it is not possible to provide 7 days notice.
12. Should a session of a multiple date course be cancelled due to circumstances outside of LPW’s control, we will endeavour to provide a rescheduled session. If this is not possible, or you are not able to attend a rescheduled session, a pro-rata refund will be issued.
13. Should you miss a session of a course, it will not be possible to reschedule the time at a later date. No partial refunds will be given in this circumstance.
14. If the course has been booked on behalf of someone else, it is their responsibility to pass on all the appropriate information about the course to the participant.
15. LPW reserves the right to change the advertised tutor. Where possible this will be communicated in advance.
16. All participants agree to follow the guidance of the tutors and technicians. Anybody not behaving in an appropriate manner during the workshop or course may be asked to leave, with no refund issued.
17. For your own safety, please make sure you are wearing appropriate footwear (a low heeled shoe which covers all of your foot. No sandals, high heels or ballet shoes). The tutor may ask you to leave if you are not wearing appropriate footwear, with no refund issued. It is advisable to wear old clothing. LPW will not be liable for any damage or stains to clothing.
18. At the end of your course please ensure that any prints left in the workshop are collected within one month as we do not have space to store work from previous courses. Any prints left for longer than one month may be disposed of.
20. Unless otherwise stated, Leeds Print Workshop members are entitled to a 10% discount on workshops and short courses. Members may use their discount to book places for non-members. Their membership must be valid at the point of purchase, but it is permissible to attend the course after their membership has lapsed. To receive the discount the booking must be made by emailing email@example.com or in person at Leeds Print Workshop.
21. At its own discretion, LPW may offer other discounts. Any differing terms or restrictions will be communicated at the time.
22. Discounted bookings adhere to all the same terms unless explicitly stated otherwise.
This policy was last reviewed and updated on 30th January 2024